MFA, Musical Theatre - Application & Audition Info
Fall 2018 Graduate Admissions Deadlines
CalState Apply Application—Opens October 1, 2017, closes December 15, 2017.
Documentation—Opens October 1, 2017, closes January 12, 2018
- Official transcripts (all applicants)
- GRE scores (only for applicants with lower than 3.0 GPA in their undergraduate course work)
- TOEFL scores (only for international applicants)
Acceptd.com program application - Opens October 1, 2017, closes December 15, 2017.
First, follow the graduate steps to apply.
Then, visit Acceptd.com to complete your program application:
There you will have to submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter (PDF file)
- This should include a personal statement of your educational and professional goals and how an MFA in Musical Theatre will help you achieve them.
- Resume (PDF file)
- Video Audition
- Upload a short video (time limit 3 minutes) that includes two contrasting songs.
- Names and emails of 3 references.
- Your references will receive an email with instructions on how to submit their letter of recommendation once you submit your application
Audition / Interview Process
After this pre-screening process, selected students will be invited to audition and interview in person on the San Diego State campus on February, 2018 or February 26, 2016. These applicants will be notified by December 31, 2017.
The SDSU MFA Musical Theatre Program auditions every two years for a new class. The next application period opens October 1, 2017.
The next MFA class (SDSU MFA Class of 2020) begins Fall 2018.
For further information about the SDSU MFA Musical Theatre Program please contact Robert Meffe, Head of the MFA Musical Theatre Program at firstname.lastname@example.org