Mission, Vision, Values
MISSIONThe School of Theatre, Television, and Film provides a high quality education for undergraduate and graduate students that emphasizes excellence in the arts and technology, grounded in conceptual and historical foundations.
Our students collaborate with faculty to develop and realize their creative potential as artists, scholars, leaders, and global citizens. We practice diversity, equity, and inclusion and support pluralism through theoretical explorations and practical experience in theatre, television, and film. Our pedagogical approach leads students from critical analysis through problem solving into practical action and the realization of art, scholarship, and transformational educational experiences.
- Integrate theory and practice.
- Embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Develop critical thinking and analysis.
- Create opportunities for student achievement.
- Support the professional growth of faculty as artists and scholars.
- Appreciate art and its role in society.
- Collaborate with community groups and artistic organizations.
- Seek out and support international experiences and perspectives.
- Promote interdisciplinary research.
- Adopt emerging technologies and a future-thinking approach.